Thursday, February 21, 2013





The Body vs. Nature
























My idea for this concentration is to take photos of the body and nature, and illustrate their similarities. Above are four photos I took in the format that I imagine my concentration to be. I am not sure whether I want the nature photo on top, or below; left, or right of the body photo. The photos below are pictures that I have not found the correct counterpart, however they still portray my ideas for this concentration.
 

 Here are some abstractions I took of                                                                              Here are some abstractions I took
the of the body:                                                                                                                of nature:

This root reminds me of a spine.










This makes me think of a valley

3 comments:

  1. Nice articulation of your ideas in your concentration statement. Your abstract body photos are beautifully lit to emphasize the form. Your natural object shots have a clear connection to the human body. The first natural object has strong contrast of light and dark which also helps emphasize the form of that object. I would make sure all of your nature shots have the same strong contrast of lighting as your body shots. You can adjust the contrast in Photoshop if you get stuck with a gray day. Keep up the excellent work! Your topic is intriguing, and I am excited to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your concept of comparing the body to nature. Your lighting for the "valley-back" pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighting in these photos are beautiful. I like the diptych version of the two photos you showed abouve because while also cool, the layering makes it hard to tell what the picture is of. You are doing a great job of finding interesting, new ways to photograph the human body.

    ReplyDelete